Saturday, March 17, 2012

I did what I said I would not do....

Yes, I joined a gym. For so long I was completely against gyms. The frugal girl in me couldn't justify the expense. I didn't want to use sweaty equipment. I didn't want people seeing me all sweaty and gross.

I have a stationary bike, hand weights, stairs to climb and work out videos. I was doing so well. I lost almost 19 pounds on my own! I walked and worked out at home. So, what happened?

I got a job. For that reason, when I was home, I was either catching up on chores or the kids needed my attention. Either that or the dogs and cats needed attention. There are too many distractions. I've tried to work out, and then I would notice I didn't vacuum yet. Oh, and I need to throw that load of laundry in. Oh yeah, gotta take the trash to the curb, etc. I haven't really worked out in months! I feel yucky and tired all of the time. I'm getting cranky. My digestion is angry.

Hubby told me his gym was running a special, to add on a family member. I know, I've not been supportive of hubby belonging to 3 gyms. Why spend so much money, when you can just run around the neighborhood? Yes, I am eating crow. I admit defeat. So, for $10 a month I will now be a member of a gym. Ta-da! Did I like it the first time? I actually did. My preconceived notions of going to a gym were wrong. Its actually pretty fun. And, after 2 weeks, I feel good again. Less cranky. Lost 2 pounds. I'm sitting here, waiting for hubby to wake up, so we can go!

Sometimes, you have to spend money for your health. Sometimes, you have to come out of your comfort zone, and try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment