Tuesday, August 31, 2010

new freezer

Well, we did it. We bought a freezer. It's actually quite nice. It stands and looks like a tiny fridge! We miss so many opportunities to stock up on meat and veggies, simply because we have no where to store the haul! Also, now that I'm in full-on freeze fruit and veggies mode, this will really help.

Our fridge/freezer is a standard size, which means that the freezer space isn't as big as you might need it to be.

I just went on a frozen veggie shopping spree. The frozen veggie bags are normally $2.39 each, but the sale {ending today} has them for $1.00 each. {Hubby likes to use them in his lunches and they are still cheaper than buying fresh at $1 per bag!} I just went in there and filled my cart with 20 bags of frozen veggies. {yes, I emptied the shelves, sorry} This will really help the ole budget.

We actually applied for a store credit card to take advantage of the 10% off your first purchase deal, for the freezer. I really don't like credit cards, but I agreed that this was a great deal, as we also needed a screen door and love the discount for both! We will pay it off within the 90 days allowed, accrue no interest and enjoy our summer harvest long into the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment