Monday, October 25, 2010

make ahead breakfasts

I like to make breakfast dishes ahead of time. It really is a cost saver as well as a time saver. This weekend, I made a double batch of pancakes. I then froze them individually, on a jelly roll pan. Once frozen, I put them into a freezer bag. To reheat, I just place them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.



The BEST pancake recipe:
1 1/2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 sugar {I cut that in half}
1 egg
1 1/3 cups milk { I use coconut milk or rice milk}
1/3 cup ground flax seed {optional}

Mix all and let sit for 3-5 minutes to allow the baking soda to get to work. After it rises, you may begin cooking the pancakes!



I also made breakfast sandwiches. These are made of: english muffin, one fried egg with the yolk broken, 2 pieces of turkey bacon cut in half and a piece of non-dairy cheese. I did lightly butter one half of the english muffin after toasting. I seasoned the egg, with pepper and garlic powder, while I was cooking it. So yummy! Just 30 seconds to reheat from refrigerated and 1 minute from frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment