Monday, May 24, 2010

busy, busy, busy

I spent the weekend building fences and planting. I'm pretty excited about the fence. I had never built one before and I think it looks rather nice! Even the neighbors complimented me.

Today, I finally put in the rest of the veggies. I can't believe I'm so late with this. I did buy 5 tomatoes, 1 zucchini and 1 cilantro plant. The rest were seeds that I sowed directly. I'm pretty bummed that I had to buy some plants, but the ones that I bought we use a lot of, and I wanted to make sure that we had enough. We will get a nice harvest, it will just be later than it could have been. Oh well.

So, within a few months time, I will have: potatoes, onions, zucchini, spaghetti squash, pumpkins, 2 kinds of lettuce, carrots, beets, cucumbers, yellow squash, watermelon, corn, and herbs- cilantro, and basil. Right now, I have sugar snap peas, chives, lemon balm, rosemary, and peppermint ready to harvest. Yay! I'm a farmer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment