Wednesday, May 19, 2010

STOP RAINING ALREADY!


Wow, talk about a weird Spring! It has been so cold and wet. A stellar year for Tulips and weeds!

I just went out to weed the veggie garden. I have a few plants coming up, but really need to get everything else in. It was sunny and beautiful, maybe about 65 degrees. Fast forward one hour and we have a thunderstorm. Dang! I was making progress. I have quite a list of seeds to get into the ground asap!

So far, I have potato plants {first year planting those!}, onions, sugar snap peas and my perennial herbs growing. My herbs include: rosemary, chives, lemon balm, peppermint and lavender. I strongly suggest that if you grow mint plants, that you do it in a pot or put a pot in the ground surrounding the plant. I had a clay pot with the bottom broken out, so I just placed it into the ground, around the mint. Mint spreads very quickly and can take over a garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment