Thursday, May 13, 2010

Has it been 4 months?

I would never be a professional blogger...I can't remember to take time to blog! Life gets in the way of my internet time! he he

I have been working on a reclaimed brick project for many months now. I am happy to say that I have finally finished chiseling the mortar off of hundreds of bricks! Yes, I fractured a thumb but was it worth it? Oh yeah. I cannot wait to lay these bricks down into a new patio with a fire pit in the middle. Also, I kept the bricks out of a landfill, so I get extra points for that!

Summer is coming and I can't wait. Not only will my son be home, I won't have to pay for school lunch and the gas that it takes to get get to/from school! (we are 4.5 miles away) I am excited to save some money. We plan to ride our bikes around town this summer. Since he's getting a new bike for his b-day, it will all that much easier.

My goal is to save $6-7,000 asap, so that we can do a few repairs around the house. I do not want to go into debt to accomplish this task. I am working very hard on cutting back on groceries and utilities. Now if hubby would just stop buying stuff! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment