Monday, June 21, 2010

scrapbooking...on a budget


I have put myself on a scrapbooking shopping diet! This is not an inexpensive hobby. I have donated LOTS of supplies to a children's hospital. I still have tons of stickers and paper. If you are a scrapbooker, you understand when I say that it's hard to resist a sale. So, I plan to use whatever paper, embellishments and stickers that I have, before I buy any more.

This is harder than I thought it would be. I was recently in the $ store and found myself heading that way. Then, I was in a hobby store and did what I always do- head straight for the clearance section to see what I could find. OOPS!

Well, it had been a couple of months and so far, so good! I did find a 50% off sale at Hobby Lobby for scrapbooking albums, pages and protectors. I really need these supplies, so I was thrilled to find the sale. $70.00 worth of albums etc for $35 plus tax was a happy day for me.

I do go to a monthly crop and pay the crop fee. It's great to get out of the house. The hard part, is not to buy anything. I know that the consultant needs to make a profit, but I need to stay on budget and use what I have. What to do?

Now, off to crop.

No comments:

Post a Comment