Wednesday, June 15, 2011

There just aren't enough hours in the day...

...to complete a monster sized "to-do" list!

In the past, I would wake every morning and then write out my list for the day. Oftentimes, I would go to bed exhausted, and I would still have things on list left to do. I know that I accomplished a lot with my day, but I would still beat myself up over not finishing everything. Yikes!

My new system is so much simpler. I wake on Monday morning and start a weekly to do list. I have a "to-do" section, a "to-call" section and a "to-go" section. I do add to it throughout the week, but I feel so much less stress over it! I use one page per week,and it's located in my household binder.

Today is Wednesday and my to-do section is full. I won't add anymore. If I come across something else, I'll add it to next week's list. It will get done, just not right now.

I must confess that I do sometimes see something that needs attention and I just get it done. Then I add it to my list and then cross it off! ha ha ha. That way, it looks like I did more.

I amuse myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment