Friday, July 1, 2011

Garden update and a bad deal

Even though our neighborhood critters ate most of my seedlings, we are still doing okay in the garden. We have: 2 types of squash, zucchini, pumpkins, 5 tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, carrots, potatoes, sweet peppers and herbs: oregano, basil, cilantro, lemon balm, chives, peppermint and spearmint. The weeds are a real challenge this year. There's a lot of digging and mulching, just to try and stay ahead of the weeds. I have been trying a new way to mulch this year. I have been using shredded white paper.So far, so good. I'll have to take some new pictures.

When is a deal a bad idea? When it's bad meat. I recently found ground turkey for $0.99 per pound. The cheapest price I have seen lately has been $2.49. I bought 20 pounds. I cooked it up, and discovered that it doesn't taste very good. Unfortunately, I didn't have a back up plan for dinner. I threw dinner away. I guess I will be taking 19 pounds of meat back to the store. Bummer. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment