Friday, December 23, 2016

slow cooking- why I skip the microwave

I am on my second year without using a microwave. Why? Who knows, really? I just woke up one day and told hubby that I didn't want to use the microwave any longer.  

I have a scientist friend, that likes to explain the dangers of microwave use and the dangers of eating microwaved food. Maybe she got to me. *grin*  

I do know that I really love slow food prep. I like that I have to plan ahead. I enjoy the time it takes to prepare meals and reheat them. I like that I no longer purchase convenience foods from the grocery store. (too pricey anyway!)

 I have a coworker that commented on the fact that I reheat my soup on the stove or meals in the toaster oven. She appreciated the fact that I took time to warm my meal. That made me smile.

I'm not 100% certain why I stopped, but I do know that I'm glad that I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment