Sunday, December 18, 2016

Adventures in Vegan cooking- stuffed portobellos

When I find portobello mushrooms on sale, I go crazy! You can grill them, marinate them in a balsamic glaze and cook, slice and cook to use in a salad or stuff them.
Here, we stuff them.

First, I sauteed some onion and red pepper with some leftover cooked white mushroom pieces.

Then I stirred in some vegan pesto sauce and vegan shredded cheese. I stuffed the caps and then poured a balsamic glaze over the top.




Then I baked them at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes, until the mushroom was cooked and the cheese all melty.


My phone's camera just doesn't show this deliciousness as well as I'd like. Plus the steam kept fogging up my camera lens! haha

 Trust me. Even my non vegetarian family members love it!








No comments:

Post a Comment