Sunday, July 8, 2018

What is simple living?

                                                                      photo credit

To me, simple living is an uncomplicated life.

* Owning less stuff. Less to clean and maintain.

 *Simple meals with a few ingredients. Coming home after work to soup in a slow cooker or a quick meal of veggies and rice. Or maybe leftovers.

*Making or baking gifts rather than breaking my budget and purchasing something the recipient may never use or want.

*Handmade greeting cards.

*Homegrown and dried herbs as gifts.

* Watching movies from the library rather than owning them or paying for cable. (Did you know you can stream movies and music from your library's website?)

*Reading  a book in a hammock or porch swing, during any kind of weather.

*Taking walks and going on hikes rather than joining a gym.

*NO DEBT.

*Learning new things by taking free classes or auditing classes online. (ex. library programs, Lynda.com, EDX.org or Coursera.org) I just took a free Powerpoint class and a free journaling class at my local library, while I was checking out a Great Courses DVD and some books I had requested.

*Writing in my journal.

*Practicing yoga and meditation.

*Random Acts of Kindness.



       ❤


No comments:

Post a Comment