Thursday, February 24, 2011

my frugal exercise routine

I do not like to exercise! I avoid gyms like the plague. But I do like to look and feel healthy. What's a girl to do?

I walk. I try to walk 2 miles a day at least 2-3 days a week.

I own a stair stepper and indoor bike. I try to ride the bike for 5 minutes a day. Sometimes a couple of times per day. I also make it a goal to get at least 400 steps on the stair stepper. I have free weights and a Kettle Bell. If I'm watching TV, I will use those then.

All of my equipment was gifted to me, or purchased at a thrift store. I refuse to pay for a gym membership. I'm far too cheap!

At random times during the day, I stop and do 40 or so jumping jacks, push-ups or bicycle crunches.

I keep track of my steps using a pedometer and my goal is 10,000 steps per day.

I practice yoga. I try to fit yoga into my schedule a few times per week. I have DVDs that were gifted to me as well.

During the growing season, I spend as much time as possible doing yard/gardening work.

I don't really have a routine. I just make it a plan to do something every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment