Friday, March 4, 2011

Grocery trip

I was a little bit over budget, on groceries, last month. This month I will keep a better eye on the amount that I spend. I generally only use cash for groceries, but have been known to whip out the ole debit card if I go over. Shame on me.

So, with a $400 budget, I spent this so far:

Today I went to the health store, Dollar Tree, Walmart and the grocery store

After coupons, e-coupons and store loyalty cards, the total amount was $134.55 {savings- $13.44 in coupons, $1.75 in e-coupons and $12.47 in loyalty card savings, for a total of $27.66}

I also bought some take-out egg drop soup for dinner, but that will go into the dining out budget column. {amazing restaurant...so yummy and cheap!}

This leaves $265.45 left for the month. I planned menus and bought enough for 2 weeks, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Oh, and I'll leave the debit card at home. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment