Wednesday, May 4, 2011

freebies and seedlings

Last week I went to Target and came home with five bottles of body wash. They were $2.99 and I had 5 $3 off coupons. Yep, that's right. I made a profit of $0.05! {well then they added in taxes, but still they were free!} I also scored 2 free hamburgers and 3 free ice cream cones at McDonald's. Yesterday, I got 5 free packages of turkey hot dogs. {getting ready for a kids' birthday party} How? Well my groceries' pharmacy has a promotion that you can get $5 of free groceries after getting 5 punches on my RX punch card. Well, needless to say, it's been a sickly month around here, so I got 5 punches pretty quick. Hopefully, it will take a long while to get to the next 5 punches reward! ☺



This week, I will be setting out some of my seedlings. I'm so excited for spring! I am going to add a little bit more compost today and turn the soil in preparation. I planted most of my seeds in egg cartons. This will make it so easy to transplant. I just tear off one section {they are now weakened by the weeks of watering} and place it in the soil. I will slightly rip the bottom of each cup, to further along the decomposition process.



No comments:

Post a Comment