Monday, June 6, 2011

I love a simple life

In my last post, I discussed why I don't want to be crazy coupon lady. I also don't want to be stressed out mom/wife. There just has to be an easier, less stressful way to run your home!

I have a Daytimer that I use to keep track of my budget envelopes, expenses, calendar and various notes of things to do. {an upgrade from what I have been carrying around} That combined with my wall calendar are what keep this ship afloat! Without organizational skills, I would be a wreck. I know, I've been there. I also have my bill paying binder and a monthly schedule for when they need to be paid. Since this system has been in place, I have not had any late payments. All of the bills are paid at least a week before the actual due date. There is nothing worse than paying late fees and/or receiving reminders that your bills are late. Yuck!

For my meal planning, I have a small spiral binder in the kitchen cabinet. I use one page for each weeks' meals. The spiral has a pocket so I keep the recipes for the next two weeks there. (unless it is a recipe in my cookbook of course) I try to plan two weeks worth of meals at a time. I generally plan my meals around what's in the pantry as well as what's on sale.

Call me crazy( go ahead) but I also have a schedule for house cleaning and yard work. It's so much easier to do a little bit of chores and weed pulling every day, than to do hours and hours worth every now and then. Believe me. I once did about 8 hours worth of yard work and I could barely move the next day! Keeping up with the weed pulling a little bit each day also makes for a happy garden.

I think the secret to a happy simple life revolves around planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment