Monday, November 14, 2011

Do you pick up stuff, off of the ground?

I never used to, until a few years ago. My younger son found a scratch lottery ticket, and picked it up. It was a winner! We felt sorry for the person that lost it, but there was no way to find out who that was. The ticket had been run over a few times, so we knew it was there a while.
I cashed the ticket in, and gave him the money. You'd never seen a 10 year old that happy! ha ha

So, I always keep an eye out. I've found Catalina coupons, for items that I was going to buy. Mostly we find not winning scratch tickets. But I figure, its a win-win. We are picking up trash, which makes everything look better, and occasionally we find treasures.

Yesterday, I found a Catalina coupon for $10 off of a $10 or more purchase at Safeway! I don't normally shop there, but if it's free...☺ It expired yesterday so I needed to act quickly. As soon as I got off of work, I planned to head over to Safeway. I was tired and ready to go home, but free is free! So, I called hubby and asked what was on my grocery list and went shopping.

The funny part was the reaction of the man in line behind me. He said "You got all that for $0.09?" ha ha. Yep.

I will continue to pick up "trash", you never know what you may find!

No comments:

Post a Comment